Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Norman the Weimaraner survives 250ft fall



Amazing it's all I can say...
Norman, a one-year-old Weimaraner, had been taken for a walk along the White Cliffs of Dover when he suddenly darted off towards the edge after a bunny.


Owners Simon Spore and fiancee Jane Westfield’s dog was being walked by Miss Westfield’s 19-year-old son Josh as the couple went shopping Canterbury.

The next they heard was when Josh called them to say Norman had chased a rabbit over the edge of the cliffs and plunged 250ft in a dock service yard below.

Dock workers ran to the dog’s side and he was rushed to a local vets for treatment.

Norman suffered no broken bones, despite falling the huge distance – almost the height of Big Ben, which stands at 314ft.

Owner Mr Spore, 49, a prison officer from Dover, Kent, said he was “reeling in shock” when Josh called him to say his pet had gone over the edge of the cliffs chasing a rabbit.

“I was absolutely distraught. Josh was in total shock,” he said. “In my mind I was going back to retrieve a dead dog.

He added: “He was in a terrible state but no bones were broken, he just had lots of bruises and cuts and a punctured lung.”

After two nights in the vets last week Norman was allowed home and is now recovering.

A posting on Norman’s own Facebook page reads: “I’m feeling bit better today – I don’t want any walks ever again to high places.

“I love life and live life to the full….but I can’t fly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment