Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Graduates With A Bachelors Degree Serving Life Imprisonment In Kirikiri Prison... How Sad!!!

Awww this is so touching... Tunwase Kabiru is a middle aged man who is serving a life sentence graduated on Saturday with 4,308 students who bagged various degrees at the third convocation of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) in Lagos. Kabiru, who came in company of the prison officials, was awarded a Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Human Resources Management.
He told the News Agency of Nigeria that he was currently serving a life sentence at the Kirikiri Maximum Prisons, Lagos, after being found guilty of murder.
He said:


 “I want to thank God for what he is doing in my life. I have always had hope in God and that is what inspired me to enroll. I was actually imprisoned after being found guilty of committing murder and I have served 11 years so far.“I am still hopeful that things will turn around one day for the better, having achieved what I have today.”

The Assistant Comptroller-General Nigeria Prisons, Chuks Afejue, hailed the courage displayed by the graduating inmate, adding that he was the first to enrol and kick start academic activities at the prisons study centre.


1 comment:

  1. So touching,on another note,miss D wetin dis ur strike action come mean?

    ReplyDelete